Hi! I’m Renee and I’m a working, Asian-American mom living in Japan with my husband and daughter. I enjoy reading, writing, photography, and shooting film for my vlogs.
This site mainly houses my blog for now, but I do plan on creating a sub-domain for my photography in the near future. I write about everyday things, usually silly stuff about my daughter, and then occasionally I will write about more serious topics that are important to me. I have those on the back burner. I have plenty to write about, but due to time constraints, I post whatever I can.
So I guess for now, dear reader, you can look forward to the following topics:
- Daycare and elementary school in Japan
- My photography journey (where I also share my tips and best practices)
- Grocery shopping adventures in Japan
- The challenges of being an Asian-American mother (who looks Japanese but does not speak nihongo) in Japan, and being married to a half-Japanese husband
- Clothing in Japan – not a friendly place for the plus-sizes
- My battle with anxiety
- My journey on becoming an independent author
- And more!
Thank you so much for visiting! 🙂
P.S.: “About page” worthy photo coming soon! (I hope)
With the exception of third-party advertisements, all photos and videos on this website are copyrighted by R.A. Watanabe, unless otherwise stated.